Peugeot Speedfight immobiliser

The Area for Technical Q & A's for your scooter or motorbike.
Please read the rules before making any posts.

Moderators: Damnfunky, DTO, Soeley

johnnyb46

Peugeot Speedfight immobiliser

Postby johnnyb46 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:27 pm

Hi to all.
While out blowing the air through my hair tonight ( more like strands ) on my little speedy , about 10 miles into my journey the immobiliser light came on and stayed on for the rest of my 15 mile ride. The little scooter carried on going though without any issues. I fact when I got home and turned it off I was half expecting it not to start but it did and now minus the immobiliser light. To my horror when I checked the two Red master keys back at home they were both identical and for the boa lock grrrr which means I have not got a master key for the immobiliser. This has now made me think if the previous owner has bought an after market cdi to by pass the immobiliser because it surly would of stopped the bike when it was illuminated whilst on the road mid journey..
Some advice on this would be very much welcome if you guys have any..
Many thanks for reading.
Johnny
StephenC
T&G Regular

Re: Peugeot Speedfight immobiliser

Postby StephenC » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:19 pm

I wouldn't worry. It's one less (very expensive) thing to go wrong.

Using the boa lock connected to something fixed to the ground/wall is a much better thing than any immobiliser, or alarm come to that.
johnnyb46

Re: Peugeot Speedfight immobiliser

Postby johnnyb46 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:29 am

This is a strange one .
After a few weeks of use I've noticed the immobiliser light also acts as a low fuel light. As the petrol gauge gets nears the red, the light comes on. After trawling the internet there is no info of this feature and nothing is mentioned in the hand book either. Could this be an after market mod ??but I find it hard to contemplate someone would go to the trouble of retro fitting such a trivial thing.
Unique scooter from peugeot maybe ( lol )

Return to “Technical”