Honda dylan 125cc breakdown

The Area for Technical Q & A's for your scooter or motorbike.
Please read the rules before making any posts.

Moderators: Damnfunky, DTO, Soeley

freeflyer

Honda dylan 125cc breakdown

Postby freeflyer » Tue May 19, 2015 9:02 am

Helllo forum members. Whilst out and about with my honda dylan 125cc 07. All of a sudden it decided to breakdown. Whilst riding i noticed a siginificant decrease in power along with a kind of change in engine noise. Attempted to restart it , whilst it did restart for a few seconds it then cut off again. The engine noise was wierd as it had a sound of a tractor. Had a second opinion on it and was told it may be clutch cable or even crank shaft!

Any views of what the possible scenario could be would be very useful indeed.
Looking forward in anticipation

:scoot1
andyscooter
Posting Insanity

Re: Honda dylan 125cc breakdown

Postby andyscooter » Thu May 21, 2015 8:46 am

you havnt got a clutch cable its an auto scooter

so slap whoever told you that round the back of the head :D :pimp:

has the scooter got oil in it :?:

mine boiled its oil once and sounded like a tractor before dieing on me
2015 lml star
RoadieRoger
Posting Insanity

Re: Honda dylan 125cc breakdown

Postby RoadieRoger » Thu May 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Get someone to help you perform a check to see if the crankshaft rotates and the piston goes up and down . At the same time you can see the valve operation and check the clearances . Remove the spark plug and get access to the large nut that secures the front drive pulley by removing the casing . Remove the rocker cover to view the tappets . Put a socket spanner on the large nut mentioned and turn over the engine . Note if the valves are opening and closing in sequence and see if there is clearance between the rocker and the valve stem when the valve is closed . The inlet valve clearance should be less than the exhaust valve clearance , the latter runs hotter so needs greater clearance or gap . If you are not confident get someone who understands engines to assist you .

Return to “Technical”